Summary of findings
At the time of our visit, the evidence is that the home was operating to a good standard with regards to Dignity and Respect.
- The home needs refurbishing, the decor was tired and dated. The manager has a plan in place to rectify this.
- Residents looked tidy and clean, we saw no evidence of dignity not being respected.
- We saw evidence of staff interacting with residents positively and regularly, checking they had eaten their breakfast, asking if they wanted more food or drinks and helping ensure medication was being taken correctly.
- Staff also were observed checking in on residents who were just sitting in the dining room.
- We observed residents eating mainly cereal and toast and being served hot drinks. We were informed by the chef that cooked breakfasts are available to all residents, but we did not observe anyone eating a cooked breakfast.
- There were very few recreational activities available.
- The cleaning cupboard and kitchen need to be more secure with locks.
- We were informed that the staff e-learning training package had problems and as a result was off schedule
- Residents are happy with the home and praise the staff and manager