Summary of findings
At the time of our visit, the evidence is that Darley Court was operating to a very good standard of care with regard to Dignity and Respect
- Patients looked tidy and clean, we saw no evidence of dignity not being respected, however, the policy of open bedrooms doors should be considered in respect of dignity
- We saw evidence of staff interacting with patients positively and regularly, including just checking they were okay if they had been sat for a while.
- Residents told us that they were very happy with the food.
- Staff told us that they received ongoing training and enjoy their work
- Patients unable to contact family and friends can feel isolated
- Patients can feel there is little to do without arranged activities
- The use of volunteers could have a huge benefit to both staff and patients and should be explored