We wanted to gather and analyse a comprehesive set of responses from people in Greater Manchester on some of the key topics in the NHS Long Term Plan.
- The majority of people waited longer than 12 months for a diagnosis.
- People felt exasperated that they had been asking for accessible information for a long time, and felt ignored
- People valued the skills and support of their support workers, advocates, carers and family.
- Some people felt ignored by practitioners who didn't understand learning disabilities.
- Issues seen as key ensuring people with learning disabilities engage in preventative services:
- Good communication skills
- accessible information
- Many people reported that their needs were extremely complex and that a highly personalised approac was vital.