Plans are now in place to invite people for their third vaccination and invites have started going out. This will be a minimum of six months after their second dose and will be offered to the following people:
- Those living in care homes for older adults
- All adults aged 50 years or over
- Frontline health and social care workers
- All those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe Covid-19, and adult carers
- Adult household contacts of immunosuppressed individuals
We expect people will be able to book an appointment via the National Booking System or their GP practice may contact them directly.
Like with first doses this will be done in priority order, starting with the over 80 s and care home residents.
In line with JCVI advice people will receive a dose of the Pfizer vaccine unless advised otherwise for medical reasons.
It’s also worth noting that the JCVI guidance states it is safe for the booster jab and flu vaccination to be given at the same time if operationally possible. If eligible, people are advised to have both jabs to gain maximum protection as we head into winter.
The Covid 19 virus has not gone away. It is really important as the lockdown lifts on 19th July that you continue to keep yourself and other safe. Make sure that you:
- wash hands regularly
- wear a face covering in enclosed spaces and on public transport
- make space from others around you
- get vaccinated if you are eligible
- test regularly
- be vigilant