All GP practices in Bolton now have access to a local vaccination site as another location has been confirmed.
Invitations to receive the vaccine at Horwich RMI Club, on Ramsbottom Road, will start in earnest, with vaccinations expected to take place from the middle of next week.
These arrangements will affect people aged 80 or over registered at Kildonan House Surgery and Pike View Medical Centre.
Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group, is delivering the Covid-19 vaccination programme in the borough on behalf of NHS England.
Each site has had to undergo rigorous checks by NHS England to ensure it is suitable, which is why the programme is being delivered in phases.
Local vaccination sites will operate alongside regional vaccination centres like the Tennis and Football Centre at the Etihad Campus in Manchester, pharmacy-led vaccination services, hospital hubs and in care homes.
Regional vaccination centres have been introduced by NHS England as an additional option for people who may not have yet received their invitation to attend a local venue.
Anyone receiving a letter has the option to attend the Etihad or wait for their local invitation. This will provide more choice for residents, and allow more people to be vaccinated quicker.
People in the next age group – those aged 75 and over – will be the next cohort to be contacted for their vaccination. Invitations are expected to be sent in Bolton as soon as next week.
Both the Pfizer/BioNTech and the Oxford/Astra Zeneca vaccine are being used in Bolton.
Both vaccines require two doses. Due to national guidance, people will be offered their second dose of either vaccine approximately 12 weeks after their first.
The full list of vaccination sites in Bolton:
- Tonge Moore Health Centre – including people from Turton Primary Care Network (PCN)
- Lever Chambers Health Centre – including people from Rumworth PCN, Central PCN and Farnworth and Kearsley PCN
- Breightmet Health Centre – including people from Breightmet and Little Lever PCN
- Peter House Surgery – including people from Westhoughton PCN
- Waters Meeting Health Centre – including people from Halliwell PCN, plus those registered at Bolton Community Practice in Horwich
- Avondale Health Centre – including people from Chorley Roads PCN
- Horwich RMI – including people from Kildonan House Surgery and Pike View Medical Centre
Information about the vaccines including ingredients, can be found here:
The British Islamic Medical Association has also issued a position statement regarding the vaccines. Read more here:
Bolton Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) have produced a useful leaflet about Covid 19 vaccinations that you will be receiving through your letterbox very soon. You can view the leaflet by clicking on the download below: