Benefits of volunteering
As a volunteer, you will support Healthwatch Bolton in fulfilling our purpose in being the champion for people using health and social care services.
There are many benefits to volunteering with your local Healthwatch. These include:
- An opportunity to contribute positively to your local community, help people, and make a real difference to their lives
- A chance to learn new skills with training and personal development opportunities
- A useful stepping stone to employment
- An opportunity to meet like-minded people and develop connections with people in your local community
- Be part of a great team of volunteers, with dedicated staff to support you
Online Feedback Collector - role description
As an online feedback collector, your role will be to collect feedback about people’s experiences of health and social care services that has been left online.
Why should you be a Healthwatch Online feedback collector?
There is a huge amount of information on the internet and social media about people’s experiences and views of health and social care services. You can help us collect this information to inform our work at Healthwatch Bolton to help inform the changes health and care services can make to improve care for all.
From Facebook groups to more official forms of feedback run by organisations, such as local charities and community groups, there are a variety of places online where people leave their reviews and experiences about the care they receive. With the data being vast and ever-changing, we need volunteers to help us collect information to help identify gaps or issues in the care being provided to people in Bolton.
What will the role involve?
- Searching for feedback on social media
- Searching for feedback using a list of online sources
- Data entry into our database
Personal specification / requirements
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word
- Be comfortable volunteering from home
- Access to the internet/email
- Able to use your own initiative but comfortable in asking for help when needed
- Respectful of confidentiality